This is an improvement video of the script which can align elements on the ceiling. If you did not see the original video you can click on the following link: https://dynamoscripts.com/align-elements/
While I did test the original script I did notice that some things need to be improved and in that process, I also did add some new features. The list of all improvements on this script you can see below.
Please make sure that before you start using this script that you back up your existing project model.
Also, if you want to download this (and all other scripts) with my sample files please visit the Shop page.
- Previous script did work only from the model in which you have rooms and ceilings.
- Now you can work also from the (MEP) model in which you have spaces and you can reach ceilings through the linked model.
- The previous script did work correctly only in the situation when the ceiling shape is rectangular.
- Now you can have any shape of the ceiling and the script will determine grid size.
- Old script only worked for the Air Terminals
- Now, the new script can align Air Terminals, Fire Alarm Devices and Lighting Fixtures. The user can choose one or more (all) categories.
- Old script had a problem with nested families (because I did covert element to solid, assuming that I will always have one solid).
- Now, you can have an unlimited number of the elements inside the nested families and the script will work.
- Previous script did not work in case when you have in your project some ceilings which do not have any elements.
- Now, the script detects which ceilings are populated with elements and proceed only with those ceilings.
- The present and previous script must work with DWG because of the limitation of the Revit API regarding the ceiling.
- Previously, the script did import the DWG and that file will remain in the project until the user deletes it.
- Now, when the script runs, at the end of the script DWG which the script use will be deleted from the project.
The script uses the following Dynamo packages: BimorphNodes v.3.0.3 GeniusLoci v.2020.8.20 WombatDynamo v.1.3.2 spring nodes v.203.2.0 Data-Shapes v.2019.2.42 RIE v.2020.8.12 Clockwork v.2.3.0